Tuesday 15 May 2018

Experimenting with Stranded Knitting and a Hat.

I've always been half afraid of trying stranded knitting so what better way to overcome my fear than to attempt to make a hat making the pattern up as I went along..
I've some Drops Eskimo in my stash I picked up in the Felting Fever sale earlier this year which I think could make a fabulous chunky two tone hat.
So here goes I've cast 52 stitches on 8mm circular needles and joined in the round.
8 rounds knit 1 purl 1 rib.

Knit 6 rounds.

Round 15: [knit 1 in contrast colour, knit 3 in main colour] to end of round. 

Knit 1 round.

Round 17: knit 2 in main colour, [knit 1 in contrast colour, knit 3 in main colour] till last 2 stitches of round, knit 1 in contrast colour, knit 1 in main colour.

Round 18: repeat round 13.

Round 19: [knit 1 in main colour, knit 1 in contrast colour] to end of round

Round 20: [ knit 1 in contrast colour, knit 1 in main colour] to end of round.

Round 21: [ knit 1 in main colour, knit 3 in contrast colour to end of round].

Round 22: knit 2, [ knit 1 in main colour, knit 3 in contrast colour] to last 2 stitches of round, knit 1 in main colour, knit 1 in contrast colour.

Round 23: knit in contrast colour.

Round 24: as round 21.

Knit 6 rounds in contrast colour. 

Round 31: [knit 11 knit 2 together] 4 times (48 stitches).

Round 32: [knit 4 knit 2 together] 8 times (40 stitches).

Round 33: [knit 3 knit 2 together] 8 times (32 stitches).

Round 34: [knit 2 knit 2 together] 8 times (24 stitches.

Round 35: [knit 1 knit 2 together] 8 times (16 stitches).

Round 36: knit 2 together to end of round (8 stitches).

Cut yarn leaving a long tail. Thread yarn through remaining 8 stitches and secure tightly. ( I left to thread the yarn through twice for added security). Weave in all remaining ends. Add pompom if required. Ta dah!! Hat done ☺️



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sending me a message. I love your blog and went to follow it but I couldn't see how to so I hope to remember to return here and see some more of your wonderful work. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, Thank you so much for your lovely message. I'm still very new to blogging though it's something I've been contemplating for a long time. I shall have to work out how to set it up for followers. Big hugs once again, Mary x

    ReplyDelete