Saturday 23 June 2018

June already

It's been a few weeks since I last posted. I've been busy doing a lot of nothing really. I did however finish my Baby Cakes blanket number 3. 


























I also made a bag but I think that might deserve a blog post all of it's own.

A while ago I knitted a rainbow Cardigan for my niece who's due any day now. I used half a ball of Cygnet's kiddie couture in Lolly and the Jack & Jill cardigan pattern from mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.com.

The thing about knitting with a long colour changing yarn is that the colours don't always come together in the order they are in the ball and there were a couple of places where the rainbow colours came together with no cream inbetween. And I just loved the way they looked which got me thinking what a nice moss stitch blanket they would make.

So I had a good root through my stash and found the colours I thought would match best. ( I have to mention here there are better matches out there but I was trying to make use of what I have). I had half balls of Stylecraft Special DK fondant, sunshine, lavender and fuchsia and Cygnet DK in kiwi and clementine. I started a moss stitch blanket but the fondant for some reason seemed to be thicker than the other colours. And as that was the colour I'd used to start my stripes it was really really obvious. I was already on the fourth stripe when I decided finally to pull it all out and start again. So I decided it was time for something completely different. So I give you my sunburst granny square blanket (pattern by Priscilla Hewitt).

No comments:

Post a Comment